Speak to any of Pat McGroder’s peers or clients, and these are words you will hear over and over again. And with good reason. For more than 40 years, he has dedicated his life to fighting for clients in catastrophic personal injury, consumer advocacy, negligence, and products liability cases.
A native of Buffalo, New York, Pat earned his bachelor’s degree from Notre Dame and law degree from the University of Arizona. Because of his commitment to professionalism, decency and civility in the legal profession, Patrick is consistently recognized by his peers as one of the finest trial lawyers in America. While his many accolades are appreciated and well-deserved, Patrick prides himself not only on providing the highest level of legal expertise, but working tirelessly to advocate for justice for his clients – and becoming a friend for life.
Committed to cases with a cause.
After the tragedies and catastrophes he’s seen over his many years in the courtroom, Patrick has dedicated his life to trying to make the world a better place, ensuring that other families don’t have to live through the same nightmares. He has built a national reputation as a genuine and premier trial attorney who wields his influence to achieve higher aims – cases that have a cause and demand change.
- St. Joseph’s Collegiate Institute Preparatory School, Kenmore, New York
- University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
- University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
- Beus Gilbert, P.A., Phoenix, Arizona
- Special Prosecutor to the Arizona Organized Crime Strike Force
Achieving justice through innovation.
Pat understands the importance of presenting the facts of a case in a way that brings the reality of his client’s story home to the jury and judge. By utilizing state-of-the-art technology to reenact scenes, he provides the appropriate information and documentation all involved parties need to properly evaluate the case – whatever it takes to tell the whole story and get to the truth.
Honors & Awards
- Inducted into the Maricopa County Bar Association Hall of Fame
- Named by Best Lawyers in America as Phoenix Personal Injury Litigator of the year 2009, 2015 and 2018
- Selected by Lawdragon as one of 500 Best Lawyers in the United States (2007 – present)
- Voted as “one of Arizona’s Top Ten Lawyers” by Arizona Business Journal
- 2018 Walter E. Craig Distinguished Service Award given by Arizona Foundation For Legal Services and Education
- Selected as “One of Phoenix’s Best Lawyers” by Phoenix Magazine
- Selected as “One of Arizona’s Best Lawyers” by Arizona Living Magazine
- Selected by Lawdragon as one of the leading “Plaintiffs’ Lawyers in America”
- Selected as “One of the Top 50 Southwest Super Lawyers 2007 – present”
- Appears yearly in Woodward/White “Best Lawyers in America”
- 2005 Finalist – Trial Lawyers for Public Justice “Trial Lawyer of the Year”
- ABOTA’s 2008 Recipient of the Kenneth P. Clancy Professionalism Award
- Honorary Bencher of the Honorable Society of King’s Inns Dublin, Ireland
- Fellow of The International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Vice President
- Chair of National State Chair Committee
- Board of Directors
- Chair of the Ireland Program
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow of the International Society of Barristers
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member of The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association (Life Member)
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, Maricopa County Bar Association